Yesterday, I had my last high risk ultrasound screening unless my doctor orders more ultrasounds. Good news is baby is still a girl. Yes, despite finding out at 19 weeks a long (my last screening) that baby is a girl I still hesitated to believe that we were actually going to have a baby girl given our record of having boys. Ryan and I are overwhelmed with joy and feel blessed that everything in her anatomy and heart developed properly. I feel more at ease knowing that I have had the ability to carry three healthy babies and not pass on my heart condition to them... I am sure blessed with that comfort.
I also managed to register at the hospital as well yesterday. I am not looking forward to the day I actually have to check in (whenever that will be) because I spent about 10 minutes circling the parking lot just to find parking. I didnt care if the parking spot I found was far from the entrance, I just wanted to park. And because Ryan was meeting me there, it was even more frustrating because we had to circle the parking lot to find parking for two vehicles. All in all, today went well and we accomplished a lot in preparing for the baby.
I give myself about 7 or 8 weeks left until the baby arrives considering she is measuring bigger and I have a history of delivering early. Let's pray she bakes a little longer and that I can manage these intense Braxton Hicks contractions while juggling our two active boys Caleb and Thomas.
Here are a few ultrasound snap shots from the appt, enjoy!





I'm glad everything went well and that she's still a girl! :)
ReplyDelete